Benefits of Protein Shakes:
As trainers at Hit It!® Fitness in Roselle and Oak Park, IL, we tell our hardworking members the importance of getting their protein in throughout the day. We want to share with you the benefits of drinking protein shakes and how it relates to your fitness goals.
Weight Control – Protein shakes can be used as a meal replacement. The beauty of a shake is that YOU control what goes in to it, including the number of calories.
Building Muscle – We can’t say this one enough! When you exercise you are tearing the muscle tissues. Drinking protein shakes helps rebuild the muscles. Drinking a protein shake within 45 minutes of your workout will give you the best results. Muscles need protein!!
Convenience – There is normally a lot of preparation in cooking quality protein meals. We are all busy, but that is no excuse to not get your protein in. It takes a couple of minutes to prepare a shake and you will get all the benefits that you would get from preparing a meal.
Nutrient Intake – There are many ingredients you can add to your protein shake in order to make it full of nutrients. Flaxseeds, bee pollen, green super food, Cacao powder, spinach, raw oats and berries are some of the things we like to add.
Here are some of our favorite recipes using vanilla protein powder. The amount of each ingredient is up to you based on your taste buds. The best part is experimenting!
1) Peanut Butter, Banana, Almond Milk, Cacao Powder
2) Peanut Butter, Banana, Coffee Almond Milk (Whole foods carries- http://www.godairyfree.org/product-reviews/califia-farms-pure-iced-coffee-with-almond-milk)
3) Apple, Almond Milk, sprinkle the top with Cinnamon and Nutmeg
4) Canned pumpkin (100% pure), Almond Milk, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Pumpkin pie spice
5) 1/4 cooked (cold) Sweet Potato, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Almond Milk or Skim Milk
6) Strawberries, Cacao Powder, Almond Milk
7)Banana, Raw Oats, Cinnamon, Almond Milk
- How many times have you heard from the trainers...
- Ask the trainer- Cleanses Q: Cleanses? Are they...
- As trainers, we really push the importan...
- One of our new members at ...
- Looking for something swee...