5 Simple Habits to Help You Live Longer
Hit It!® Fitness staff doesn’t have access to the fountain of youth, but there are simple things we can do on a daily basis to increase our longevity. Recently ACE (American Counsel on Exercise) published a great article on their Fitnovatives Blog about “5 Habits That Will Help Increase Your Longevity.”
How many are you ACTUALLY practicing daily?
1) Eat Clean
- Giving your body the nutrients it requires from real food helps it to function. Make it a habit to eat as much minimally processed foods as possible throughout your day. Hint: The less ingredients, the better!
2) Drink Plenty of Water
- Throw all those sugar drinks out because water is all your body needs to function! Did you know that drinking more water will actually help your body get rid of waste? Drink, Drink, Drink H2O!
3) Move Frequently
- Yes, even if you workout every night it’s still important to get up and move throughout the day. Take short breaks and just MOVE!
4) Think Positively
- Your thoughts are more powerful than you think. Bad days are inevitable but it’s important to not make those bad days turn into bad months or even years. People who are more positive live longer. So take out that book of adorable puppies you have in your nightstand, smile and think positively!
5) Lift Weights
- After the age of 40, you begin to loose 8% of your muscle mass each decade. Take back what’s yours, pick up those weights and start squatting!
- How many times have you heard from the trainers...
- Ask the trainer- Cleanses Q: Cleanses? Are they...
- As trainers, we really push the importan...
- One of our new members at ...
- Looking for something swee...